1. Take advantage of the training ground. A lot of gamers will be tempted to leap right into one of the numerous game modes in FIFA 15 for competitive play instead of checking out the training mode, but it is such a great feature! The more time you spend in this mode, the more of an advantage you are giving yourself over your opponents in multiplayer.
2. Focus on team chemistry when you are playing Ultimate Team mode. Ultimate Team is undeniably one of the most enjoyable aspects of FIFA 15, and this year they have made a ton of improvements to it so it is better than ever. One of the best things you can do is become an expert on player chemistry ratings (easy to understand through the color-coded red, orange, and green lines). What is cool about this is that it encourages realistic team building that actually makes sense. Instead of simply putting together a bunch of big names and being able to expect an easy win, you have to actually put teammates together who will work together for success.
3. Learn the trick system, in particular the foot roll and double touch. These great moves are simple but can give you exactly what you are looking for when you need a couple of extra yards. These tricks are an excellent way to get around defenders with ease.
4. Sign youth players in career mode. I think we can all agree that career mode remains one of the biggest weaknesses in FIFA 15, and could still use a lot of work, but there has been at least one positive change this year. And that’s the addition of some incredible youth players. These players don’t have a huge amount of training and experience, but you can grow them into amazing players within a few seasons. One great thing about this is that you do not have to pay a lot or risk much for these players, and the payoff can be enormous. Their potential is virtually unlimited, and their long-term value (both on the transfer market and on the field) cannot be overestimated. You will fee a great sense of pride and accomplishment, knowing that you brought them so far.
5. Take advantage of the EASFC catalogue. One way you can get a leg up as a beginner in FIFA 15 is to purchase smart rewards from the catalogue as you start to unlock them. You can transfer these rewards between gamers too, so they make a fun prize for a competition between friends.